Tabletops Furniture (Pty) Ltd (“Tabletops”) prioritises the protection of you and your organisation’s personal information. Therefore, we will only collect, use, and retain your personal information if there is a lawful purpose for doing so and we will follow the provisions of POPIA accordingly. Personal information is information that identifies you or your organisation, for example, a name, gender, identity number, registration number, financial status and contact details.
Tabletops collects and uses personal information mainly to:
- Communicate and interact with its suppliers and customers. Communication may be done by email, phone, post or online (through our website or social media platforms).
- Provide information or services that suppliers and customers may request from us.
- Comply with legal obligations, for example, the Companies Act and the Income Tax Act.
- Improve our services by conducting research and surveys to obtain feedback from our suppliers and customers.
- Inform suppliers and customers about changes at Tabletops.
Tabletops normally collects personal information directly from suppliers or customers or their authorised representatives. This is done by virtue of the existing contractual relationship between a supplier or customer and Tabletops.
Tabletops may also collect your personal information from other sources, if POPIA allows for this to be done, for example, company registration information collected from the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC), confirmation of VAT registration with SARS etc. Once there is no longer a lawful reason for keeping the personal information, the information will either be destroyed or “de-identified” (a process allowed in POPIA and by which information is deleted so that it cannot be linked to an individual or company).
Tabletops will take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal information is complete, accurate and up to date where necessary. To enable Tabletops to do so, Tabletops requires that you promptly notify us of any changes to your personal information.
Tabletops has put in place technical measures and industry best practices to safeguard personal information against access by unauthorised persons, unlawful disclosure, or breaches. If you have any queries relating to the information contained in this letter, please contact the Information Officer on (021) 510 1460 or by email: email@example.com